Sitemap Creation & Registration Service
Providing a sitemap for a website’s content and registering the sitemap with search engines such as Google & Bing
Creation & registration of sitemap. What is it and why is it needed.
A sitemap is a file where you provide information about the pages, videos, and other files on your site, and the relationships between them. Search engines like Google read this file to more intelligently crawl your site.
A sitemap tells the crawler which files you think are important in your site, and also provides valuable information about these files: for example, for pages, when the page was last updated, how often the page is changed, how often it should be crawled and any alternate language versions of a page.
You can use a sitemap to provide information about specific types of content on your pages, including video and image content. For example:
- A sitemap video entry can specify the video running time, category, and age appropriateness rating.
- A sitemap image entry can include the image subject matter, type, and license.
Do I need a sitemap?
If your site’s pages are properly linked, our web crawlers can usually discover most of your site. Even so, a sitemap can improve the crawling of your site, particularly if your site meets one of the following criteria:
- Your site is really large. As a result, it’s more likely Google web crawlers might overlook crawling some of your new or recently updated pages.
- Your site has a large archive of content pages that are isolated or not well linked to each other. If your site pages do not naturally reference each other, you can list them in a sitemap to ensure that Google does not overlook some of your pages.
- Your site is new and has few external links to it. Googlebot and other web crawlers crawl the web by following links from one page to another. As a result, Google might not discover your pages if no other sites link to them.
- Your site uses rich media content, is shown in Google News, or uses other sitemaps-compatible annotations. Google can take additional information from sitemaps into account for search, where appropriate. Source Google Support Pages
Registering your sitemap
Without doubt registering your site map on Google is essential as they hold around 76% of the market share when it comes to search. It is reported that the four main players in the search engine space breaks down as follows
- Google %76
- Baidu %15
- Bing 4%
- Yahoo 2%
The preferred method of registering a sitemap is via the use of Google Search Console
Google Search Console
Google Search Console allows webmasters to monitor and manage their websites through an official portal, which is full of useful statistics. Using this tool provided directly by this search engine giant enables analysing and optimising your website far easier!
Alternative ways to make your sitemap available to Google:
- Insert the following line anywhere in your
robots.txtfile, specifying the path to your sitemap:
- Use the “ping” functionality to ask us to crawl your sitemap. Send an HTTP GET request like this:
Technical Search Engine Optimisation Services in the New Forest, Hampshire.
Twenty years of experience working within Media, Analysis & Web Development. SEO Hampshire’s sister site BoodleBobs
Creation & registration of sitemapSitemaps are important for SEO because they provide easy indexing of a website's content for crawlers. They are essential for sites that do not contain a solid internal linking structure as it ensures content is not missed by the web crawlers
Associated LSI Terms
Why sitemap is important for a website, benefits of a sitemap, sitemap example, sitemap index, XML sitemap SEO benefits, HTML sitemap, how to write a sitemap, what is a post sitemap
SEO Agency Hampshire, creation & registration of sitemap
Services For Technical SEO Optimisation
- Drupal website design
- Creation & registrations of sitemaps
- Custom 404 error page setup and optimisation
- Header tags optimisation
- Image optimisation
- Link & URL optimisation
- Link redirection
- Meta tags optimisation
- Mobile site optimisation
- Server optimisation
- Site maintenance & patches
- Structured data universal SEO
- Webserver hosting
- WordPress website design
Recommended Web Hosting Siteground
Why do we use Siteground as our hosting partner? Click the image to see the SEO scores and server stability following migration to Siteground.